Grand Entrance Hall

When the Thames Tunnel opened in 1843, Sir Marc Brunel’s Rotherhithe shaft was transformed into the Rotherhithe Grand Entrance Hall. Millions of visitors descended the grand staircases to visit one of the great wonders of the Victorian age.

The Grand Entrance Hall was closed to the public for 150 years, but can be visited today on one of the regular tours organised by the Brunel Museum.

See our events page for details of upcoming tours.
Read the article appeared in the Daily Mail online on 26th Dec. about the Grand Entrance Hall ongoing renovation.

The Grand Entrance Hall illuminated …

Go to Top