Brunel makes Waves
Take your students on a Boat Trip from Embankment Pier to Brunel Museum. Explore the history of London and three generations of Brunels who helped build it.
This isn’t just Brunel, it’s a voyage – and a walk – into the birthplace of modern London. Under three Brunel bridges linking three cities and over Brunel’s Tunnel to the birthplace of English naval power. Three ships that changed the world, and three cathedrals that held it. Terror in the Tower. Traitors. Trade. Transport. Trains. Poets. Pirates. Parliament. Power. And secrets. A secret gateway for the Czar of Russia. Six men dead on a haunted ship. Broken bones by the silent Harpy. Broken slipways on the Isle of Dogs. The monster ship and the world’s most important tunnel.
Session times and cost:
xxx when sessions can be booked xxx £10 per student (which includes a guided boat trip, tour of the Brunel Museum and Underground Chamber)
How to Book
To book, please email three preferred dates and the number of pupils you wish to bring to Katie Edwards or telephone 020 7231 3840
- Clipboards and pencils can be provided
- There are toilets but no lunch facilities at the museum
- The main building and toilets are fully accessible.
- The underground chamber has a spacious and fully accessible viewing platform. The lower level of the chamber is only accessible by 35 steps.
- Museum staff are happy to help you plan your visit to ensure that it meets your group’s needs.