Events - 1 Dec 19
Museums are places to be entertained and inspired, and we try to make learning fun and our events unusual. The Brunels did not just build bridges and tunnels, they organised concert parties, dance events, underwater banquets, fairgrounds and shopping arcades. Brunel was not just an engineer, he was an impresario and showman.
- 21.02.2020 Boat Trip: Embankment to Brunel Museum
- 22.02.2020 Boat Trip: Embankment to Brunel Museum
- 23.02.2020 Boat Trip: Embankment to Brunel Museum
- 23.02.2020 Guided River Walk – 10:45am
- 24.02.2020 Boat Trip: Embankment to Brunel Museum
- 24.02.2020 Guided River Walk – 10:45am
- 25.02.2020 Boat Trip: Embankment to Brunel Museum
- 25.02.2020 Guided River Walk – 18:15
- 26.02.2020 Boat Trip: Embankment to Brunel Museum
- 27.02.2020 Boat Trip: Embankment to Brunel Museum
- 28.02.2020 Boat Trip: Embankment to Brunel Museum
- 29.02.2020 Boat Trip: Embankment to Brunel Museum
Campfire Cocktails in the City! Voted one of London’s best pop-up cocktail bars since 2012 and featured in Vogue, World’s Best Bars, the Independent on Sunday, Red, Elle and Time Out.
During summer months, Midnight Apothecary offers the chance to toast marshmallows around the firepit in our candlelit garden above the historic Brunel Tunnel Shaft in Rotherhithe and imbibe exquisite alcoholic prescriptions infused with ingredients grown in our garden or foraged nearby by Midnight Apothecary founder Lottie Muir AKA The Cocktail Gardener.
For the colder months, our cocktail bar travels underground… serving seasonal delights from Brunel’s Grade II-listed Victorian tunnel shaft! Accompanied by candlelight and phenomenal live entertainment, we have everything you need to keep your cockles warm and your spirits high this winter. Delicious, locally-sourced food is on sale from our friends at the Piccalilli Caff. Like our cocktail menu, their offerings change regularly based on the seasons. As if that’s not enough, we will also be selling our enormously popular Deluxe Hot Rum Toddies, and toasting marshmallows around the fire.
To keep up with all our forthcoming events, join our mailing list to be the first to find out.Read More
Boat Trips every day 10.30am meet at Embankment tube station (riverside exit) for a tour of Brunel sites on the Thames, then a train journey through the oldest tube tunnel in the world and descent into the underground chamber. No booking required.
Mayflower Pilgrim’s Secret Progress Sunday, Monday 10.45am and Tuesday 6:15pm meet at Rotherhithe tube station for a guided walk: the river, the church, the watch house, the palace and the Mayflower pub. No booking required.Read More
We host concerts, choirs, theatre, films, and opera at the Museum just to name a few, click read more to see our list of upcoming music and theatre events.Read More